Thursday, October 16, 2008

Win 1 for the Terrain

This morning I set out at 5:30 fueled with motivation. I mentally mapped out my path last night so off I went. I set my iPod workout to a 5K run just to see if my path would measure up. I learned about .50 km of the way that there is a HUGE difference in treadmill v. terrain. So I pressed on adjusting myself and deciding this was going to be a jog/walk morning. I didn't let that sike me out but as I continued running I realized I had made a horrible decision on my path, a lot of grass. I should have mapped it out a little earlier. Needless to say it wasn't smooth sailing. Once I got through my neighborhood I opted for the running trail in the park which should have been my first choice. I finished off my 3 miles there in about 50 mins running at an average 8:21 min/km. My spirits were down the whole jog/walk but I will continue to train. I felt absolutely defeat....by nature! I evaluated this morning as I finished my run
  • I'm back to baby steps. The ease I worked up on the treadmill months ago is going to have to now be applied to the pavement
  • I have to work on my breathing b/c I am getting winded too quick
  • I have 12 weeks, calm down....

No comments: